Social Media is is one of the most powerful marketing tools to keep your brand in front of existing and potential customers.
Social Media Marketing has changed the way small businesses can get an online presence at a relatively low cost.
If you are marketing on a budget there are many things you can do to help your small business get out there. We at Millfield Media have done all of the ideas listed below and it has helped us grow.
Here are some Small Business Marketing tips
- First and foremost, register for a Google my Business account, This will help you get on the “map” and enable local people to find you. This is an amazing FREE tool that when optimised properly can see you show up in the maps and help with ranking in the searches. We offer 1:1 Google My Business Training to help you to do this. Please get in touch
- Join the Federation of Small Business (FSB) for their amazing networking events. We go to the Networking events in Newcastle, they are like minded businesses. You also you get a lot of privileges for your membership fee
- Run a competition or giveaway either on Facebook or Instagram
- Use your car to advertise your business (Magnet decals that can be taken off)
- Stickers on your envelopes or packages you send out is a cheap alternative to get your brand seen.
- Design a brochure or leaflet to advertise your goods and services. We can offer some cheap alternatives that are good quality but affordable.
- If you are a beautician or hairdresser, give appointment cards to all your customers with a loyalty discount on the back.
- Promotional merchandise are a great giveaways if your attending an exhibition, such as mugs, calendars, flyers, stickers, pens
- Have you thought about entering some awards in your field, or as a SME start up. The FSB and Chamber of Commerce is a great place to start.
- Register in reputable trade directories (Yell.com, YELP,)
- Offer a discount to new customers
- Radio advertising is quite powerful and not as expensive as you think for local radio stations
- Blog on your website
- Do a flyer drop locally
- If you have premises put an A- Frame outside your shop to market your special offers or menus.
- Social media posts are a great way of advertising to engage your customers and let them see your offers. If you are unsure we can help with Social Media Training and Infographics.
- Collaborate with another small business to help each other and enhance your services.
- Attending Networking events
- Go to exhibitions or trade shows
- Send all correspondence on business letterheads or compliments slips
- Send a postcard as a thank you with the product you have sold
- Offer FREE samples of your product
- Have a web presence. Your customers will check your business out on Google first. Even a one page website tells your customers more about you if you are on a budget and starts from £325 with domain name and hosting. If you have a bit more in the budget a 5 page brochure website is £575.
- Ask for recommendations’ from customers on LinkedIn, Facebook or your website
- Create posters if you have a shop to put on your windows
- Enrol for FREE training with local partners who have obtained European Funding such as Business Northumberland. They help businesses grow providing workshops, online training and networking events to help
- Create memorable business cards to leave a lasting impression